VMware Workstation is a virtual machine software that is used for x86 and x86-64 computers to run multiple operating systems over a single physical host computer. Each virtual machine can run a single instance of any operating system (Microsoft, Linux, etc.) simultaneously. VMware Workstation strongly supports hardware compatibility and works as a bridge between the host and virtual machine for all kinds of hardware resources including hard disks, USB devices and CD-ROMs. All device drivers are installed via the host machine.
VMware was established in 1998 and has produced many products for virtualization. VMware Workstation was launched by VMware in 2001.
VMware Workstation allows for the installation of multiple instances of different operating systems, including client and server operating systems. It helps the network or system administrators to check, test and verify the client server environment. Administrator can also switch between different virtual machines at same time.
- You can use multiple windows under VM in your primary windows.
- You can use Windows XP, Windows 7 , 8 or 10.
- You can also use Ubuntu (Linux) & MAC OS
- You can also setup multiple windows with for different procedures or different software in it.
- You can also share your hardware with your VM as per your requirement, can give 1 or 2 GB RAM or 20 to 60 GB hard drive space or more.
- You can also use your USB, WEBCAM, MIC, SPEAKER, WIFI, under your VM.
- Its very easy to use.
Advantages Of Virtual Machine:
You can also set up the VM for your child or colleague through which he/she can access it remotely.
Like you have a laptop with best requirements like i7 & Nvidia 2 GB graphics card & you also have a Computer with low specs. So here is the good thing you can now access from your computer to Play games or do high level graphics work by connect on VM which is isolated from your primary windows & never interrupt your work while your child is playing games on same laptop.
No need to spend more money for other computer 🙂